Youth Network News
- The Youth Network will have an Assembly and Workshop in Québec, Canada on 13 October 2016. For more information, click here. The official meeting documentation is available in English and Spanish.
- Read our August 2016 newsletter about Youth Day 2016 and featuring upcoming events and case studies about youth and the co-operative movement. Available inEnglish and Spanish.
- Read our May 2016 newsletter which features calls for your input, upcoming events, and news about the youth network around the globe. Available in English and Spanish.
- Read the end of year newsletter 2015 with reports on important events during the year, messages from the youth network, and opportunities. Available in English andSpanish.
- The Alliance's Youth Network attended the 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives in Québec, Canada in October 2014. Read the Summit's Young Leaders' declaration issued at the 2014 International Summit of Cooperatives
- In June 2014 The Alliance's Youth Network adopted a new constitution. You can read it here.
- Read the end of year newsletter 2014 with information on our strategies, reports, messages and opportunities. Available in English and Spanish.
In 2005, the Alliance worked with the ILO and the British Columbia Institute for Co-operative Studies (BCICS) to jointly write a publication on youth and co-operatives. The book can be ordered at http://www.uvic.ca/research/centres/cccbe/assets/docs/publications/RochdalePress/YouthReinventingCoops.pdf
Read the International Co-operative Youth Statement, presented to the United Nations at the Closing Ceremony for the International Year of Co-operatives 2012.
Read the Youth Statement from the International Labour Organisation: A better future for young people - What cooperatives can offer
View content from this website that has been tagged as "Youth" related by clicking here
Join the Alliance's Youth Network
To join the mailing list of the network, send your request to Gretchen Hacquard at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You will be added to the network and will receive important information and invitations.
The Alliance has periodically organised youth conferences to bring together young co-operators. A number of the participants of these conferences today are co-operative leaders and members of senior management in co-operatives around the world.
The Global Youth Representative on the Alliance Board is elected every four years at a Youth General Assembly which is held during the week of the Alliance General Assembly. The Executive Committee members will be elected at the next Youth General Assembly in Turkey in 2015. Join our mailing list to learn more about the elections.
Alliance Youth Network documents and contacts
Call for intern
The International Co-operative Alliance seeks an intern to produce a report on the youth cooperative movement globally. The report will include a case profile of the co-operative youth movement in each country along with key contact organisations and persons. Download the opportunity here